Code of Conduct
Women of Denver (WOD) is the most diverse and active women’s organization in Denver. With over 50 events per year their dynamic network helps women increase their business knowledge, build leadership skills and connect with other powerful and inspiring women throughout the metro area.
WOD Code of Conduct:
Members of Women of Denver share a common commitment through our mutual involvement in this program to promote ethical practices and the highest possible standards of professional conduct when interacting in-person or online. This code of conduct relates to all members, guests and event participants who engage in Women of Denver’s events, or online networking activities (all are referred to as members below).
- Members will behave in a way that is professional
- Members will always treat other members with honestly, respect, fairness and integrity
- Members will respect and encourage other members in their career and business ventures
- Members will refrain from sales techniques that violate personal boundaries
- Members will focus their blogs, videos, interviews, and training workshops on providing valuable insights, information and tools – avoiding a focus on personal sales
- Members will respect the intellectual property rights of other members
- Members will maintain confidentiality and will not share personal stories, details and vulnerabilities discussed during events with others
- Members will respect the business boundaries of other members and will not inquire about their business practices, clientele, or processes with the intent to copy ideas or steal clientele
- Members will present or supply products and services honestly without misrepresentation
- Members will report to the CEO, leadership team, or board member any violations of this code of conduct
Certain behaviors conflict with the mission of Women of Denver and will therefore cause any member who violates these rules to be subject to disciplinary action.
- Conducting oneself in a manner that endangers the health or safety of another person
- Harassing or bullying any individual for any reason
- Defaming the name of another member or the Women of Denver organization
- Stealing any property
- Intentionally stealing ideas, trademarks or clientele from another member
- Taking emotional advantage of another member during moments of vulnerability
The actions listed above are unacceptable and will result in termination of member status for an indefinite period. Expulsion and readmission decisions will be made by the CEO.
If you are expelled from the organization, membership/subscription fees are non-refundable.
Since 2014, Women of Denver (WOD) has been the most diverse and active women’s organization in Denver. With over 50 events per year their dynamic network helps women increase their business knowledge, build leadership skills and connect with other powerful and inspiring women throughout the metro area.